The computer name and working group in Windows 10, is it possible to customize the name?
Change the computer name under Windows 10 quickly and easily or workgroup if needed, here is the solution how to!
Content / Solution / Tips:
1.) ... Easy change computer name and workgroup!
2.) ... About Windows-10 computer names in a network!
3.) ... Change the computer name on Microsoft Surface Pro / Tablet Mode!
4.) ... What should I consider when assigning computer names?
1.) Easy change computer name and workgroup!
Please start the advanced system settings in Windows 10. The quickest way is via Run in Windows 10, open this keyboard shortcut Windows logo key + R.
In Windows 10 Run just type the command sysdm.cpl!
In the Advanced System Properties simply click on the Change button and change the computer name if necessary, you can change your Windows 10 Working Group. (... see Image-1 Arrow 1 to 6)
When you set up (install) Windows 10, Windows 10 automatically creates a workgroup and gives it a name. You can join an existing workgroup or domain on a network or create a new workgroup.
See also: show Program Name in Windows 10 Task-Bar || Windows 10 create / enable guest account ||
| (Image-1) Computer name and working group on Windows 10!
2.) Worth Knowing About Windows 10 Computer Names in a Network!
The Windows 10 computer on a network should have unique PC names so that computers can recognize each other on the network, To communicate with each other Computer.
To avoid problems with older Windows operating systems, it is recommended to use only standard character characters (0-9, AZ and hyphens). (Living Room PC1, Office PC1). Computer names should not just be numbers.
See also: ► Activate in Windows-10 the IIS web server!
| (Image-2) The computer name on Windows 10!
Workgroups Info (c) Microsoft
Windows 10 Workgroups provide a basis for file and printer sharing, but do not actually set up sharing for you. In contrast, in Windows 10 you can create or join a homegroup, which automatically turns on file and printer sharing on home networks. If you have a home network, creating or joining a homegroup.
If your Windows 10 PC was a member of a domain before you joined the workgroup, it will be removed from the domain and your win 10 computer account on that domain will be disabled. If your network includes computers running Windows XP, you might need to change the workgroup name on those computers to match the workgroup name on the computers running on Windows 10 or Windows Vista so that you can see and connect to all computers on your network.
3.) Change the computer name on Microsoft Surface Pro / Tablet Mode!
Because with the virtual keyboard with keyboard shortcuts harder on Microsoft Surface and other Windows 10 Tablet PC in tablet mode when working without a real keyboard.
1. Open the settings via the "Windows logo button" and type "pc name" !
2. Tap on "View your PC name"
3. In Right panel scroll to point About and just "Rename this PC"
(... see Image-3 Point 1 to 4
| (Image-3) The computer name on Surface and Windows 10!
4.) What should I consider when assigning computer names?
Duplicate computer names cause to problems in the network especially when assigning the IP address, for example on the Router, this can lead to conflicts!
It is also absolutely safe to change the computer name after installation and even with pre-installed programs, here is the query usually at the start of each program.
The name of the computer with the name Windows-10 is not so good, better is Win10-PC1, Win10-PC2, Win10-PC3!
It is possible in Windows 10 without much effort to change the host name or rather the computer name on the Windows 10 operating system via advanced system settings in Windows 10.
FAQ 17: Updated on: 26 October 2019 18:57
In Windows 10 there is an admin account for system administration, but this admin account is disabled under Windows 10, if required Info about System administrator
The new calculator in Windows 10 is purely out of habit, not everyones thing, but you can find and use the classic calculator ► Personal Files Folder
Its really very easy to create a calculator shortcut on the Windows 10 desktop, in quick start bar Who is often using the calculator will even create a desktop
If work with Microsoft live id on windows 10, it is very easy to switch from Microsoft account to Local Account, many windows user want switch Content /
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How do i find out the name of my home group in windows 10?
- Windows 10 change homegroup name?
- How to change from workgroup to home group in windows 10?
- Windows 10 change computer name and workgroup?
- Windows 10 not seeing xp computers on the same workgroup?
- How to find homegroup name in Windows 10?
- Windows 10 Pro change workgroup name?
- How do i find the workgroup password windows 10?
- Win 10 workgroup name?
- How to join windows 10 computer to domain?
- How to set up workgroup on windows 10 home version?
- How to change windows 10 network group?
- Where here are settings to change homegroup name windows 10?
- Join workgroup windows 10?
- Where are the settings in Windows 10 of name computer on domain?
- Windows 10 computer network name?
- Workgroup windows 10 how to set Workgroup name?
- Workgroup Windows 10 and find computer name?
- How to set workgroup share drive on windows 10?
- Windows 10 upgrade with oem domain joined computers?
- Change hostname windows 10, where are the settings, how to find?
- Change workgroup to domain windows-10, Where can I find it to Join workgroup in windows 10?
- Windows-10 computer name from install?
- Windows 10 work group?
- Windows 10 name computer on domain?
- Connect to same workgroup windows 10 to share on printer network?
- Workgroup Windows 10?
- Change hostname windows 10?
- Windows 10 join a workgroup?
- Workgroup name?
- How setup workgroup on windows 10, help can not find it?
- What is the default workgroup in windows 10?
- How to change the domain on computer windows 10?
- How to change homegroup name in windows 10?
- Windows-10 workgroup?
- Are there workgroups in Windows 10?
- Default Workgroup Name Windows 10?
- Where do is et my computer as a workgroup?
- Help to rename network in Home Group in windows 10?
- How do i find my computer name in windows 10?
- Windows 10 join windows xp workgroup and Change Domain Name Windows 10?
- Windows 10 unable to connect to workgroup, homegrou rename?
- How to find homegroup name on windows 10?
- Workgroup in windows 10?
- How to setup workgroup on windows 10?
- Create Workgroup Windows 10?
- Windows 10 wie funktioniert Workgroup now?
- Computers in workgroup does not show up windows 10, Wher can i find?
- How to define a workgroup in Windows 10?
- How to change computer name and workgroup in windows 10?
- Help can not find in Windows 10 to change Homegroup Name?
- Change domain name windows 10,and join workgroup on Win 10 ?
- Where do i go to access in Windows 10 to default workgroup?
- Change network group on windows 10?
- Windows 10 change workgroup?
- How to find home group name in Windows 10 and How to create workgroup in windows 10?
- Where can i find Homegroup name in windows 10?
- Where do i go to change my computer name in windows 10?
- Change workgroup name windows 10, viewing workgroup pc?
- Windows 10 home computer workgroup?
Keywords: windows, ten, 10, computer, name, working, group, domain, possible, change, rename, Questions, Answers, Software