Show the directory size / number of files in a column, does that work?
Yes, you can easily display the folder size in a column, or in the status bar on all Windows OS.
It is really easy to activate the folder size column in the Quad Explorer
, there are also additional file management pearls hidden that make it indispensable under all Microsoft Windows and server systems, this function is often used by Windows administrators, but is also found in the newer home Devices, such as MS Surface Pro, more and more followers.
PS: The whole thing can also be printed out Menu > File > Print!
Content / Examples / Tips:
1.) Show folder size in a column!
From Q-Dir 3.83 you can have the folder size displayed in a column !
Via the main menu: ("Menu"> "Extras"> "Size information"), or optionally via the F9 key!
Enable the Show folder size to see the number of objects (folders / files) in the Type column,
select: Folder and Files View
PS: For folders with many subfolders and files may take a while until they determined.
The menu items are self-explanatory. If you still need help, you can contact me: click here.
| (Image-1) Show the folder size / number of files in a column, does that work?
2.) Number of objects, directory size, size information and information!
The number of objects, directory size, size information and information about directory content in the status bar! Folder size and number of files
Options for marked objects:
Simple and fast object counting:
The simple object number display, as with the MS Explorer, is of course the fastest, but not the most effective.
Size of the marked objects:
It is like the simple object number display, but here the total size and number of objects is recorded or displayed.
Size of the marked objects including subfolders:
Everything is recorded here, including subfolders (total size, number of folders, number of files).
| (Image-2) Number of objects, directory size, size information and information!
3.) What should I consider in the folder size column!
If the directories are very large,
the folder cannot be deleted while determining the folder size
. However, the procedure used in Q-Dir is adjusted for speed, so it does not take long until the folder size is determined, PS much faster than the folder size determination by MS Explorer.
( ... see Image-3
This is particularly noticeable with fast SSDs .
| (Image-3) The folder size / number of files in File Explorer?
4) Old FAQ Data
Old screenshot from XP!
You can also change the settings and also quickly switch to the system default size information.
The Options for Data size information:
# Use System default size information
# Show Q-Dir internal size information
# Show Folder Size
# Show size information in bytes
# Show Size information in KB
# Show Size information in MB
# Autoselect Size MB/KB/Bytes
# With thousands separation
# No decimal portion
# One digit decimal portion
# Two digit decimal portion
# Three digits decimal portion
# Decimal proportion automatically
# Display Percentage
# Display Folders/Files number
# If no focus suspend Folder-Size
# Ignore the Folder-Size for sorting
FAQ 63: Updated on: 19 June 2020 17:13
This little helpers is in the Quad-Explorer, the minimize to tray Button Easy minimize to Tray the File Explorer about the To Tray Button
In Firefox navigation between tabs, the standard navigation buttons for this function are Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDn why not in Q-Dir
If you like to see the full name of the folder in the tab of explorer view in the file manager Quad-Directory Is from Q-Dir Version 4.16 : MENU ►EXTAS ►
It is very simple to disable or enable Auto-Expand folder feature in Q-Dir Menu ► Extras ► Tree-View ►
It is very easy to add Q-Dir to windows system shell context menu via Q-Dir extras menu
Please check the settings on: Menu > Extras > System > "Enable Privilege" And please disable it. In some companies, networks, or NTFS drives, this leads to
To start with a favorite settings, without to register *.qdr files for Q-Dir please create a shortcut
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- You can also display the size of folders?
- Folder size tool for Windows-7! How does it work?
- How can I check the directory size?
- I am using Q-Dir 5.84 on Windows 7 and cannot figure out how to set the view of each dir to show the Folder sizes. I have read FAQ 33 of 99 on your blog but cannot find the menu that is displayed where it shows selecting the "Size of selected objects including sub-folders". Is it available in v. 5.84?
- I don't find the option to show the total size of all files!
- The point is the Folder size tool for Windows-Server-2008?
- Is there a program to show folder size?
- How to determine the folder size?
- The variety of functions in Q-Dir is great and I keep discovering new functions in Q-Dir, but how can I view the folder size?
- Great soft Qdir, if only you could add a column with the size of each folder it will be great (as foldersize) but i think it was only possible with xp version and not with seven.?
- Folder size tool for Windows-Vista, Works like a charm and in W7?
- Hello there is a possibility in your program the number. Number of files in the folder to show and print. I need: 1 name.ext. and it is good export to Excel didn't work, I would have numbers!
- I often use the option to display folder sizes. I noticed that you can't sort by folder size. Can you maybe incorporate this in one of the next versions.
- I can check the disk usage and see the drive size, but I find the folder size column?
- Is there a way to display the disk size?
- Can I also check the drive size?
- The file manager with 4 windows is a nice thing. Like to work with it. Unfortunately, I am missing a more precise folder size information behind the folder in the respective window or the existing one in the bar should be readable byte-accurate, because I would like to use this value as a comparison value when comparing data on 4 computers with many drives. Maybe you can still do something there.
- I want to display the directory size or analyze the directory size not only to display the total size of the hard disk?
- Can I determine the total size of the hard drive?
- How do I determine the total size of all folders, can you determine something like that?
- Determine the memory consumption of the hard drive, so what?
Keywords: show, folder, size, number, files, column, does, that, work, foldersize, extended, information, accessible, through, menu, extras, data, whit, ignored, Questions, Answers, Software