Disable numeric sorting in MS Explorer (file, folder Windows 10, 8.1) !
The solution is very easy to disable the numeric file and folder sorting in MS Explorer, this solution is for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10!
The data will be sorted numerically or alphabetically according, on your individual needs!
Please start the local group policy in Windows 10, 8.1, ... and MS Server 2019, 2016, ....!
1. The fastest way is with the keyboard shortcut [Windows logo + R] and the gpedit.msc command
(... see Image-1 Arrow-1)
2. Now, you simply open the sub-key:
User Configuration / Administrative Templates / Windows Components / File Explorer
(... see Image-1 Arrow-2)
3. Disable or enable if necessary the numeric sorting in file Explorer by a double click on this Rule!
(... see Image-1 Arrow-3)
| (Image-1) Disable numeric sorting in Windows-Explorer for files and folders!
FAQ 213: Updated on: 22 July 2020 16:50
Who´s often use the Windows fax and scan, can create a desktop shortcut for Windows 8.1 / 10 or pin on windows start and the desktop task bar You can quickly
It is in fact so that the first program start-up, confuses the inexperienced users, when you download the Program from Internet This ist the Windows 8.1
The standard solution to show the performance experience index not work in Windows 8.1, 10 but here is the solution You can use the Windows 8.1 command
If you have problems with fonts on Windows the solution is simple to reset default font on Windows 10, 8.1, .. Please pres the keyboard shortcut [Windows-Logo]+[R]
Here is the solution, how to disable turn off or enable the Windows 8.1 Store in Windows 8.1 and 8 and Windows 10 Please press the [Windows-Logo] + [R]
Heres the solution how to force in Windows 10, 8.1, that changes in local group policies take effect immediately Not only on MS Server 2019, 2016,
Heres the solution to make a shortcut for Recycle Bin on the Desktop Taskbar in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 to do a fast and simple drag&drop to trash The
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Who will show me how to do a simple tutorial for Windows, deactivate numerical sorting in File Explorer, so you don't need to sort numerically, but logically and linearly alphabetically?
- Where is to be configured or even deactivated that the sorting will be done numerically by default in Windows File Explorer, for Windows 10 Home?
- Why are the files sorted incorrectly so listed 1, 2, 3 ... and not 3,2,1?
- Explorer sort alphabetically?
- Deactivate numerical sorting in File Explorer activate Windows 8 or 10, so the standard sorting for Windows files by number, put on the alphanumeric sorting, I have to change a question and where in the registry?
- Use old sorting for files on windows 8.1?
- I actually like using Q-Dir, unfortunately I still have to switch to TotalCommander again and again because it seems to be the only program with which the sorting order can be changed (whether 1, 2, 11 or 1, 11, 2) there is maybe hidden somewhere in Q-Dir too?
- If I double-click in the Explorer, the sorting is done numerically, can Windows Explorer also sort differently, i.e. sorting by default?
- Sort images explorer windows 7?
- Windows 8.1 ask questions when deleting?
Keywords: windows, disable, alphabetically, according, numeric, sorting, explorer, file, folder, 8.1, eight, 10, ten, Questions, Answers, Software