Open a new program instance or window via Windows Start (8.x, 10)!
When opening or starting a program, the already open window opens, here is the solution for opening a new program window under Windows 8, 8.1, 10!
Sometimes you have to open multiple windows of the same app and work in parallel with them. For example, you may need to have two or three Microsoft Word windows open to create multiple documents.
Here is the solution PS: also suitable for Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, ...!
1.) Opening a new program instance in Windows 8.1 / 10!
Simply hold down the Shift key while opening the new window via Windows Start!
TIP: CTRL and the shift key at the same time, corresponds to start as administrator
Or right-click on the program icon and select the option: "Open in new window"
Hold down the SHIFT key on your keyboard and click the system tray icon. One click opens a new instance. Two clicks open two new instances and so on. If you have a mouse on which you can use the scroll wheel as the middle mouse button, right click on the application icon in the system tray and you will get the same result.
This is how things look in Windows 10, but also works in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1: ( ... see Image-2 )
| (Image-1) New Window for a program instance via Windows Start 8.1, 9!
Right-click + Shift + Task = New Instance! (Win 10 / 8.1.7)
| (Image-2) Open a new program instance or window via Windows 10!
You may be a friend of tabs or tab bars from Internet Explorer, but everyone also wants to open a new program window from Windows 8.1 / 10 by clicking the program icon while holding down the SHIFT key. The Windows operating system contains so many hidden or difficult-to-remember functions that even long-time users cannot access the hidden functions of the Windows operating system.
2.) In Windows 8.1 / 10 open the MS File Explorer in the new process!
You may also need to open multiple file explorer instances to make it easier to transfer files from one location to another. Opening multiple windows is equivalent to running multiple instances of the same application. You can also use the Shift key in MS Explorer , or you can see it when opening the context menu while holding down the Shift key !
| (Image-3) Open Windows-Explorer in new instance ergo process on Windows OS!
3.) What should I watch out for when starting a new program?
If programs are started in a new instance (process, program instance), these naturally require more RAM and other system resources.
The advantage, however, is that when the program crashes, not all windows are closed.
FAQ 193: Updated on: 28 July 2020 15:20
Here, the solution to go back to extra large icons in the thumbnail view of Windows 8 an 8.1 Content: 1. Switch Thumbnails over Windows Explorer View
Tips for better use of the search box in Windows Explorer 8.1 and 10 for better Search Results under Windows When you start the MS-Explorer [Windows-E],
If downloading the Windows ISO file you stand there and wants to create installation DVD from the ISO file for Windows 10 or 8.1, but the solution is simpleOn
The solution is simple to set the default printer for all windows 10 and 8.1 programs Everyone is familiar with the function of how to cancel all print
Is simple to turn of the start with Windows 8.1 of the speech recognition, this solution is for Windows 10 Content / Examples / Solutions: 1. Solution
The Windows 8.1 / 10 activation not much different than the Windows activation in other operating systems You might be using a product key that doesnt
The solution is simple to enable or disable the mouse pointer shadow in Windows 8.1 1. Please open Windows-8 Run dialog, using the keyboard shortcut [Windows
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Why opens with Windows 8.1 Start no new window opens but the old is Focused or Housed in the foreground?
- Android tasker foreground window no new instance?
- I have a software that I want to open several versions at the same time, not just Windows Explorer, can I just start it somehow?
- With Windows 8.1 or 10, however, new program instances are missing under Windows, why?
- Do you want to make another window with a new instance of a program for the already started instances in the foreground?
- Why Starts in Windows 8.1 not in a new program window on Windows start, what am I doing wrong?
- How do I open a new instance of a program, do I want to open a new instance, are there alternative solutions for Windows?
- Excel and Word multiple instances or new program instances under Windows 10?
- Can I open Start a New Program-Window on Windows 8.1?
- Open snap-in in separate window?
- Why doesn't a new window open via Windows 8.1 Start but the old one Is Focused or brought to the foreground?
- Have a question Can I open a new instance of a program in Windows other than just via the Task Bar?
- Can I open a new program window via Windows 8.1 Start?
- Open Windows in a new window?
- Why does Windows 8.1 not start a new program window via Windows Start, what am I doing wrong?
- How do I start another instance of the respective program, with a new window try the icon to start a new instance but the application does not want to start, that does not work?
- Windows 8 program in its own window?
Keywords: windows, open, program, instance, new-window, start, eight, ten, 8.1, Questions, Answers, Software