Can I mount DVDs on Windows 11 without additional software?
Although DVDs are becoming increasingly rare, mounting them on Windows 11 without additional software is quite easy and can be done with one click!
1.) Mounting the DVD under Windows 11!
With a double click on an ISO file the mounting is started automatically. However, this will not work if you have ISO files that are linked to another program on your system, i.e. the Windows file assignment
for ISO on the system has been changed!
Click with the right mouse button
on an ISO file and select the option "Mount"
a drive letter is automatically assigned, here in the example it is the mounting of the installation image Windows11.iso and the Windows has assigned drive 'G'
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 3
| (Image-1) Mount DVDs on Windows 11 without additional software!
2.) If the drive path does not suit you, simply change it!
1. As always, open the ► Disk Management
2. Right-click on the ISO that has just been mounted, which appears as a DVD in the Disk Management
3. And without hesitation, assign a different drive letter
(... see Image-2 Point 1 to 3)
| (Image-2) Assign a different drive letter to the DVD after mounting!
3.) What to watch out for when mounting DVDs on Windows!
Actually nothing, except that you can only mount ISOs as long as there are free drive letters, but mounting is really too easy and can be done relatively quickly! How to mount an ISO image in Windows 11, 10, 8.1, and Server 2022, 2019, 2016!
Unmounting is easy too! (... see Image-3 Point 1 and 2)
| (Image-3) Mount the DVD and then eject it!
FAQ 148: Updated on: 19 September 2021 11:29
Windows 11 also contains integrated color filters that can help people with vision loss or color vision impairments, which is not so rare 1. Color
To switch to a professional version of Windows, it would just make sense to update Windows 10 Home to Windows 11 Pro Especially in the course of the update,
You could theoretically install Windows 11 on less, but why does it ask for 64 GB for the installation of Windows 11 and refuse if it is less? This is a
Anyone who has a notebook or laptop can simply see the battery status information under Windows 11; these options are not displayed on the desktop PC You
Windows 11 and 10 no longer displayed the estimated remaining battery life when you hover the mouse over the battery symbol, only the percentage appears
Windows 11 has an effective Trojan, virus, etc. protection and it is easy to run a full malware scan to be on the safe side 1. Complete check for
If you want to adjust the automatic playback, you can quickly search for help to adjust the AutoPlay in Windows 11 1. The new autoplay settings via
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- I have ISO files and sometimes ISO images i.e. archive files, does Windows 11 have support for ISOs without third party tools?
- ISO file without third-party application on Windows 11?
- How do I mount an ISO image on Windows 11?
- Help after restarting the computer is the ISO not mounted?
- File type specific ISO in Windows 11 as Virtual DVD or CD?
- Looking for ways to integrate an ISO into Windows 11?
- I haven't mounted an ISO on Windows 11 yet, what is it?
- What is Windows 11 ISO file, how to use?
- Looking for tool to mount an ISO file for Windows 11?
- How to mount an ISO naturally on Windows 11?
- Mount Windows 11 / use an ISO image?
- Edit ISO in File Explorer Windows 11 as Virtual DVD or CD?
- Use Windows 11 as a virtual DVD or CD as if it were a physical drive on the PC?
- Does Microsoft have support for ISOs in Windows 11, where can I learn how to use an ISO on Windows 11?
- In my ISO file I have exact copies of some optical discs, how do I go about mounting an ISO file treated on my Windows 11 PC?
- How can I carefully manage or mount an ISO file on my Windows 11 computer?
- Iso as Virtual Disk in File Explorer Window and Windows 11?
Keywords: windows, 11, mount, ISO, dvds, without, additional, software, increasingly, mounting, easy, done, click, Questions, Answers, Software