Is a Raspberry Pi 3, 4, 5 worth it ... is it a cheap system!
Many people play with the Raspberry Pi 3, 4 thoughts to save money with a cheap system!
The Raspberry should be used where there is no alternative and it is only cheap at first glance, even if the price of 50-100 € seems quite low, there are many other costs, depending on what you want to implement with it , Screen, keyboard, mouse, RAM, housing, power supply, battery, hard drive, etc ... if you have everything together, you can be over 300 €!
1.) What should I ask myself in terms of a cheap system!
You want to get to grips with the technology, or you prefer to work under Windows, but at the same time hate Windows, then it could be something for you, or you like to develop yourself in order to get a better understanding of the technology.
In order to save money, it is not suitable, the costs are very high and the time required can be immense, if you're expecting too much. There are already 10 to 100 hours that you also have to invest, with a minimum wage we're talking about 100 € to 1000 €. If you expect too much, you can quickly reach your limits and you should calculate that carefully beforehand, especially with regard to only 1 to 4 GB of RAM. You can use a good PC for 10 years and you can program here too!
I don't want to sell or make excuses! If you want to buy a Raspberry Pi 3, 4 ... you can do it, because you sometimes get a lot more money out of useless things like cigarettes, alcohol, coffee or taxes, why not also for new technology? The sums are manageable!
2.) Where does it make sense to use the Raspberry!
There are advantages in the mini-server operation, which can then be controlled remotely and with only 3 watts it can serve as an economical web server, email server, data server, ...! For tinkerers, explorers, researchers and hobbyists, definitely something to experiment and play with. Or implement things that you want to solve differently, or for a better understanding of technology.
3.) Why is it unsuitable to save money?
As I said, you don't save money if you want to save money, it is best not to buy anything. However, today's ultrabooks that are faster and lighter are <1.5 KG much more economical with a monitor and keyboard at just 10 to 15 watts. And unfortunately the basic message because of the Raspberry was created: PC for everyone worldwide and that is completely out of hand for less than 10 € because the users even want Windows 10 on Raspberry and shoot the Raspberry in a corner where it shouldn't be, and lose more and more right to exist because the basic idea is lost. And the price makes it more expensive than other systems. Just as an example Android TV boxes , ultrabooks atom , ultrabooks celeron etc.
It's a shame ,
but there are other components and many would like a Windows PC for 50 euros on Raspberry + Support + A + B +++! However, some things can be bought used, or you have a screen and keyboard left over, or you connect the Raspberry to the TV and play old console games Super Mario 64, ... etc!
| (Image-1) Raspberry Pi 3.4, Ultrabook and Android TV Box!
FAQ 75: Updated on: 1 December 2020 12:57
The data transfer rates for DDR, DDR2, DDR3, DDR4 and DDR5 in dual or single channel mode Here are the single channel values, with dual, i.e. two memory
Interesting question, what if everyone had a graphics card in their head instead of the human eye, visualization brain area, . Content: 1. If
Triangles per second is an indication that indicates the maximum drawing / representation per second With a 1000 MHz GPU you can draw up to 1000 million
Here is a weekly schedule for mentally disabled and autistic children as a PDF and XLS-Excel file Info: Visual assistance is very personal, and what works
Should you replace the old computer monitor or update it, especially with regard to Windows 10 Independent of Windows 10, monitor technology has developed
It is very rare that you have technical problems when writing under Windows 11, 10, etc. or MS Server When using the free writing program for Windows 10
Autodesk and AutoCad are high-quality programs to work effectively and productively in 2D and 3D display Architects, engineers and designers rely on Autodesk®
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Anyone on their toes wouldn't want to use a Raspberry Pi as a desktop replacement anyway - it would be like stepping back into the early 2000s. But for its considerably low price, its performance is impressive and it is easily one of the best project boards out there.
- Currently it is just a smartphone chip with a GPO and a PC port system. Buy a cheap Android smartphone with OTG functionality, install the Arduinodroid app on it, buy an Arduino Nano, and install a Linux VM on the phone. The total price would be the same. The RAM would be almost the same. Would you also get additional sim support !?
- I tested the new Pi 4 Desktop Kit, which includes a 4GB motherboard, white and red plastic case, keyboard, mouse, two micro HDMI to standard HDMI cables, a USB-C power adapter and contains a 16 GB microSD card with Raspbian Linux installed. As the name suggests, this Pi bundle tries to be a desktop computer rather than a board for crafting.
- I tried the RaspberryPi3 but had problems with the RAM. An exchange occurred when I started too many worker threads in a program I was testing. The second case was trying to use the Pi3 as a lightweight desktop, where it took 16 hours to switch between browser tabs.
- Hello! I want to buy a Raspberry Pi because my laptop is broken and I need a secondary PC and that seems like a good solution. I will be using this to play music, surf the web (Facebook, Twitter and some Youtube) and probably to play games on it. I also ordered a fighting stick and I think it would also be perfect for retro gaming on the Pi. How is it worth it for what I'm supposed to do with this Pi?
Keywords: this, that, other, raspberry, worth, cheap, system, many, people, play, with, thoughts, save, money, content, what, should, myself, terms, Questions, Answers, Software