Explorer view column and view settings are not saved, Why no?
If you wish, that the column settings will be saved, of all Explorer view in Q-Dir and icon size, please enable this option!
Content / Tip / Solutions:
check the option: ► Extras ► List-View ► Save Columns
1.) Enable Save Columns in List View!
or: check the option: ► Extras ► ... more Options
2.) Enable Save Last View!
To start the alternative Explorer for Windows with the last Explorer View settings and Columns plus Window position!
3.) Problems on Windows 10 and Defender!
4.) Check, Is the work directory write Protected!
5.) Save the columns in a Favorite!
The Favorite saves also:
1. View settings (Splitter,...)
2. With the current view and window size
3. Main Window Placement
But your must enable this options!
| (Image-2) Favorites save settings in Q-Dir!
Easy Save the Explorer-View Column and View settings, the instruction is not only written for Windows 10, this screenshot has been snipped under Windows 10. But, you can use this example for earlier versions of Microsoft's Windows operating systems whether it's a Private Windows desktop Computer, on the road on tablet-PC, Surface Pro / Go, or even a server operating system. It has been tested on all and successfully verified
FAQ 13: Updated on: 21 December 2018 16:53
Q-DIR - FAQ-13: Explorer view column and view settings are not saved, Why no?
ist valid for Microsoft (c): Windows 10
: Pro, Enterprise, Home,
Windows and 8.1
: Enterprise, Pro, Home
: Enterprise, Home, Basic, Premium, Professional, Starter, Ultimate
Windows-Server 2016, 2012, 2008, 2005 .
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How to Stop File Explorer Sorting by Week and Month?
- Explorer on Windows, or press under If the Properties window isn't visible?
- Windows 10 not saving my folder view options customization?
- Searches related for to Explorer view column and view settings are not saved, Why no?
- Windows 10 Annoyances Secrets, and Solutionsbooks.the column headers in the right pane, select More, and then place?
- How do I change the default view in Windows Explorer?
- How do I save Windows Explorer view?
- Windows 10 File Explorer forgets folder view settings?
- How to Change Column Settings in Windows and how do I get Windows to remember my folder settings?
- Transfer, Reset the Explorer View settings of columns in Q-Dir?
- Do the same thing for unused columns find the last-used column, select the entire?
- To the way you like them then Save the settings for that folder?
- So the individual folder view might sort by type and have natural column widths, but when this isn't a solution for you?
- I click Details on the View menu in order to display, not all file formats will support these additional column settings of Q-Dir?
- Library folder view not respecting the folder setting Super Users questions library folder view not?
- File explorer save view settings?
- Choose the View tab, click Apply to Folders, answer Yes, and then click OK.?
- Box Drive Windows remember folder view setting, Explorer view column and view settings are not saved, Why no?
- There that are not there by default such as filetype I know how to do this for one folder at a time?
- Setting Up Windows Explorer Folders, Views, Options?
- This will save your changes to the active template so that the next folder view with .view settings for each folder template, so that no matter which template Quad-Explorer picks?
- Cannot save view settings - Windows Q-Dir Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10?
- I would like to be able to view folders containing music files with certain columns always?
- Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Type in Customize File Explorer Search Default Columns Solved?
- But I'd like this to be the default view for all folders help. Great! Thanks for marking this File-Manager?
- Remember each folder's view settings in Windows 10 ist Super User questions?
- Windows Registry Editor Version save folder settings for folders?
- Windows folder columns keep changing?
- Quad pane file manager?
- Save default Windows Explorer folder view settings answers for Explorer Q-Dir?
- Unfortunately it appears that the relevant registry settings are registry settings in Windows 10 and configure view settings?
- There do I'm also not interested in setting a single default view for every folder?
- I use Q-Dir with 4 windows. When I set any of the windows to small icons and then close Q-Dir, when I reopen the program it always reverts to displaying medium size icons. How can I make the small icon view permanent?
- It happens automatically, so no third-party tool should be needed?
- How do I change the column settings in Windows Explorer?
Keywords: explorer, view, column, settings, saved, wish, that, q-dir, icon, size, please, enable, this, option, content, solutions, Questions, Answers, Software