External hard disk standby disable Win-10 (USB, eSATA)?
If the external hard drive is always shut down very quickly, it will always take a little eternity for the disc to respond.
Many users ask about external hard drives ... and the freeware DontSleep
Please press the key combination [Win Logo] + [R] , then simply enter the command
control.exe /name Microsoft.PowerOptions!
or open Windows 10 Control Panel
, in the search box type text power plan
and click Edit power plan
| (Image-1) Power plan change HDD SSD standby!
Now change in current power plan settings the advanced power settings (... see Image-2
| (Image-2) Windows-10 Change advanced power plan settings!
Disable hard disks and USB (... see Image-3
| (Image-3) Disable hard disk and usb standby in Windows-10!
Updated on: 12 May 2018 19:47
Keywords: windows, 10, system, external, hard, disk, standby, disable, esata, drive, always, shut, down, usb, usb3
Similar information on the page
Questions for this:
- Hard disk runs out is annoying, can I do something when editing MS Office documents, for example?
- Sometime my external Win 10 hard drives, can i prevent this Power Saving sleep feature?
- Again and again error messages or waiting times for hard drives, what should you adjust in the hard drive settings?
- Sometimes HD makes on a external hard drive usb port , sleep can i repair this?
- At between 1 minute and 5 the external hard drives go out and then the hard drive remains inactive as long as I need it in Explorer, how can you switch this off so that the hard drive does not behave when it is inactive?
- The exter (HD) hard drives enter in power saving sleep mode, how to keep external USB from going to sleeping?
- Can i Prevent External W!0 Hard Drives From entering in Sleep Mode, how to?
- Help, with some USB hard drives, the non-sleeping setting has no effect because some models have their own energy management?
- I have a network of Windows 10 computers and by sharing I have files and it is annoying for Windows to switch off the hard drives with energy saving measures that are too effective, for hard drives with shares this is an inconvenience and access to such shares is delayed or it works only with error messages or the disk takes too long to be available?
- When data is released, data is lost because external hard drives run out, can you avoid these problems?
- Disable power saving options for hard drives?
- Where can I set the energy in the search field on the start menu so that the energy options or the energy saving plan settings do not switch off the hard disk after a while?
- How to turn off on Windows 10 the hard drive sleep or can i prevent that hard drive switch to sleep mode?
- Hellp, Windows 10 putting the external hard drives to sleep, can i Disabling the suspend setting for example in the Power Options of Windows 10 can not found?
- The energy settings for the hard drives are changed quickly, 240 minutes have proven to be a practical value for hard drives that are used frequently.?
- Change the working mode of USB 3 external Hard Drives on Windows 10?
- Where is the turn off switch for SSD hard drive sleep on Windows 10?
- How can I force an internal hard drive, to stop Windows 10 or disable sleep mode on a HD?
- How can I disable its Standby, my sata-disks spin down after a while?
- Problems with shares on hard disks that shut down?
- Where are the power settings for the hard drives, can you change that quickly?
- How to change the selectively sleep hard drives in Windows 10?